Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hanoi Peace Steps 6


Hanoi Peace Steps 6
Originally uploaded by d nelson
Over the past few weeks Thich Nhat Hanh has offered compassionate lessons and presence to Vietnamese and Westerners alike in Hanoi and other locations in his homeland. A week long retreat on mindfulness was offered in English. The following week Thay and the sangha attended and presented at the international UNESCO Vesak conference in Hanoi. It has been quite moving, and at the moment I'm without a lot of words to describe it. At the moment I'm relaxing in Halong Bay. You can see the rest of my fotos and descriptions from the trip by clicking on the foto and being linked to my www.flickr.com/photos/rezdog site.

Within a couple of months I should have a video produced on Engaged Buddhism, with the stories of many in the sangha who are successfully transforming themselves and others with their compassionate practice.

Wishing you smiles.

No comments: